Monday, July 16, 2012

My backpack is here!

His and hers backpacks
They're here! Akemi picked up her pack locally, but I wasn't really feeling the selection here in Japan. My backpack finally arrived in the mail today, so we now have the bulk of our ducks in their proverbial rows. I'll hopefully write up more on these again later, but in short, our goal was to maximize how much we can take without having to check our bags. Akemi tried loading hers up, so I've given the packed weight for hers as well. I don't think she'd want much more weight than that on her back!

Specs for my bag:
  • MEI Voyageur
  • Dimensions: 22" x 14" x 9" (35.6 cm x 22.9 cm x 55.9 cm)
  • Liters: 43L + 5
  • Weight: 3.75 lbs. (1.7 kg)
  • Maximizes carry on requirements for airlines

Specs for her bag:
  • Karrimor Cloud 30
  • Dimensions: 24" x 10" x 9.8" (63 cm x 25 cm x 24.5 cm)
  • Liters: 30L
  • Weight: 2.2 lbs. (1.0 kg)
  • Weight loaded: 17 lbs. (7.8 kg)
We are totally embracing this "less is more" way of thinking. Lovin' it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment